Covid-19 has put us in unfamiliar situations/circumstances. In order to help as many families as possible, benevolence assistance is a one-time deal. Shine funds are limited. The benevolence fund is intended as a source of last resort, to be used when the family/individual requesting assistance has explored all other possibilities of help from family, friends, savings, and/or investments. This intended to be a temporary help during a time or crisis or other hardships.
There are a few situations that need to be considered before applying for assistance.
• Have you applied for unemployment or partial unemployment?
• Are you currently looking for work?
• Where have you applied?
• Have you asked your landlord/lender for rent mortgage deferment?
• Have you asked if late fees can be waived?
• Have you asked other creditors/utility companies for delayed payments?